Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a challenge for you...

ok so i did it. and i challenge you to do it too.


ive just started as Youth pastor and childrens pastor at Shelby Christian Fellowship in Alabama.


i decided that what i do the kids will want to push further.

and i need to watch what i say and do for our youths sake.


so all my movies rated R and PG 13
everything with profanity i got rid of. all of it.


it sucks a little.
because they are just movies right?
i mean just cause its in there i wont do it right?

WRONG.

what we put in our bodies comes out.


if we listen to movies or music with profanity we become more acustomed to saying it.


so yes. i got rid of it all. and if you know me you know that silence of the lambs is the ultimate favorite of all my movies.


its gone.


part of me misses it and part is glad that i am cleaning my spirit to be more open to what God wants from me.




so my challenge to you is this.


if you have movies or music or anything you know is preventing your intimate relationship with God i challenge you to get rid of it.

see the difference in your life when its gone.


and if you cant if you still have those movies or music


well it shows where your priorities lie...


let me know how it goes.

1 comment:

DaNella Auten said...

So what you are saying is it is all a matter of priorities... I couldn't agree more...